Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Long time no see.......



Sorry folks, I haven't been a faithful blogger, please forgive me. I have been working on a new project, and a few other things have kept me busy. First let me say..., my oldest daughter has started kindergarten. I can't believe it. I mean, I knew it was coming, it was inevitable, but that doesn't mean I was READY for it. But in all honesty she did great! And so did her father and I. She wasn't scared, or nervous, she was excited. Which I am grateful for, I don't think I could have handled it if she broke down. But that is her personality, she is very independent and always has been. Even as a baby. Now my youngest will be a different story, but we will cross that bridge when we get there.




Okay, MY PROJECT! I have a job that requires me to wear a name badge w/my picture on it for security purposes. Now these badges, of course, came with clips so it could be attached to your clothing, but if you are wearing a nice shirt or jacket, expect it to be deformed from then on. Anyway, I thought I would start making beaded badge holders. Now, not only do they hold your badge, but they are decorative as well. It doubles as a necklace, and can be made in any color to match your wardrobe. While making these I also thought about more things I could make. So I made some broaches that double as badge holders too. I have been feverishly making these over the past several weeks because we are having a regional meeting in a few days that I will present them at. I have also been making some for friends and family. Please go to
www.myspace.com/bead_allaboutit to check them out!!

No comments:

Black & white