Thursday, September 11, 2008

Does "almost" count?

Well I started with 20 badge holders to sell, and I sold around 7. Almost half, not too bad I guess, but i thought i would sell more. I still had half a day left on Friday to sell more, but that was shattered when the schools in my area cancelled classes due to flooding. Oh well, i do have good news though. In my last blog I put my myspace page on here for everyone to go look at, well I had a message on there from a lady named Fran who asked me to make two rosaries for her children. Exciting right? Also she is from California, too cool. I was so excited I called a bunch of people, one being my mom, and she asked how is she going to pay. Well that question stopped me cold. All this time putting the page together, taking & posting pictures, making business cards yada, yada, yada.......and not once did I think how someone would pay me. The thought never crossed my mind. Especially how someone from another state would pay me. How could I not think of that? Oh well, I figured it out fairly quickly so we will see how it goes.

In other news: Last week my oldest daughter was sick and stayed home from school. We ran some errands after her doctor appointment and at one of these places they had some of those magnifier glasses, and they also had glasses that just had plain lenses in them, no magnification, or prescription, purely fashion purposes. Anyway Madison asked if she could have some, and I told her no because she didn't have to wear glasses and didn't need them. She said okay and on we went. This was a week ago, well today my youngest was rummaging through Madison's backpack and pulled out these glasses. I recognized them immediately, and called Madison into the kitchen. I asked her where she got them and she said she got them from the store we went to last week. I could not believe she had taken (stolen) them. I sent her to her room, and waited for Mike to get home. When he walked in I told him about the glasses and he proceeded to tell me that he didn't think she knew that taking them was wrong. WHAT?? Are you kidding me, I told him. She isn't stupid, she knew exactly what she was doing. We called her in to talk to her, and he asked her, and sure enough she told him she put them in her pocket when I told her she couldn't have them. I love being right! Well we have been having some problems with her telling the truth lately, so to be honest, I was proud that she told the truth. We have been trying to tell her that she will get in more trouble lying than telling the truth. She ended up losing her TV privileges for the night, and the friend she wanted to have spend the night this weekend now cant, and tomorrow I am taking her to that store and she is going to tell the manager that she stole those glasses and that she is sorry. I hope she learns from this. Okay people, it's late and I am tired, so off to bed I go. Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Black & white